Saturday, 9 July 2011

Virtual learning

Unfortunately I did not attend the second life session. I tried to set it up and did not receive the email about what time and where to meet and called friends doing the same unit and they also did not attend due to the same circumstances. Although I did do some of my own exploring in second life and found it very interesting.

I am in two minds about the use of virtual learning in the classroom, I can see how it could be very effective but can also see how without students who had a basic understanding and were very interested it could be very unproductive. I would be very interested to see this in action in a real life classroom. I am still very open to the idea and I believe if I could see it in action I would be willing to give it ago in my own classroom.

I also wonder how parents and caregivers feel about the use of virtual worlds, twitter, Facebook and so on in the classroom. I would be hesitant to be the first teacher in my school to introduce this in the classroom if other teachers were hesitant. Hopefully when entering a school other staff members will be willing to explore technologies such as virtual worlds and introduce these into the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment